Twitter started rejecting some reposts that contain Bit.ly shortened link(s)

Twitter started rejecting some reposts that contain Bit.ly shortened link(s)

Twitter rejects those statuses with error message "Status contains malware."

This problem also happened few months ago and they were able to fix it rather quickly so for the time being I suggest everybody with this problem to switch link shortenerr for Twitter accounts from Bit.ly to fplus.me.

We'll keep monitoring the situation.

UPDATE: Problem seems to be solved, 8 hours straight without a single error.

- Alois

Comments

  1. Is that why I keep getting password resets from twitter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Password resets? Is the problem related to Friends+Me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what is causing it your apps been there longer than the problem. But if they have started having issues with links that could be it

    ReplyDelete
  4. The more I look at it though I think it's just twitter. They tell me to reset my password but reject any password I give.

    I may just take plan b and create a new account.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They experience technical problem from time to time. New account may fix your problem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Weird. Have Twitter mentioned anything about this publicly? I haven't experienced the issue myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not a word, they almost never do. We've had the same problem about 8 months ago. They've fixed it within a few hours back then. It's taking them longer today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. UPDATE: Problem seems to be solved, 8 hours straight without a single error.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hi Everyone

Warning: Sharing That Image Could Get You Banned or Blacklisted