Here's a new way to automatically send your Google+ posts to Twitter and (ugh) facebook.


Here's a new way to automatically send your Google+ posts to Twitter and (ugh) facebook.

I'm on the Mike Elgan diet meaning that almost all of my content is done here on Google+. Then I pipe it automatically to Twitter and facebook.

Linda Lawrey told me about ManageFlitter which is good and it is what most people use. But I think I found something better: Friends+Me.

Up until now I would use ManageFlitter to grab my Google+ posts and send them to Twitter and then facebook's Twitter app would grab them from there. But as you see in the pic below, that ain't pretty.

Now Friends+Me sends my posts to both places and formats them very nicely. The posts on facebook look like they were originated there.

Here is why I recommend you give Friends+Me a try:

•  The posts on facebook look MUCH better
•  Friends+Me checks your feed and posts every 5 minutes. ManageFlitter refreshes every 30 minutes unless you pay. That's a big deal when I am covering breaking news or encouraging people to check out a live stream, etc. (Friends+Me plans to have a paid tier in the future which will offer 1 minute refreshes. I'd happily pay for that.)
•  It can post to your timeline and facebook pages
•  It supports Twitter Cards http://goo.gl/CVx3Z

Thanks to Friends+me's developer Alois Bělaška for urging me to check it out. I have officially made the switch!

Site:  http://www.friendsplus.me/
Blog: http://www.friendsplus.me/blog
Google+ Page:  Friends+Me  
More Comparisons Between the Services:  http://goo.gl/2LYhq

Comments

  1. You guys rock and I just linked to you as well. I would love to link my business page Stardust Fallout Media to this. Is that possible?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Edison Graff sure it is possible. Go to http://www.friendsplus.me/pages and follow the instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Friends+Me please send me some banners and logos and I will add clicks on my site for you to help spread the word. I have a NV audience about 30,000 strong now. www.stardustfallout.com send to info@stardustfallout.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karl Kemp-O'Brien I'll add it to the wishlist ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Edison Graff that you for your offer. I'll prepare some material and send it to you. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm having a heck of a time getting my account linked.

    My G+ profile URL is https://plus.google.com/u/0/100159944728066264696/posts

    ...but when I try to register 100159944728066264696 in my Friends+Me dashboard, I get:

    Provided ID "100159944728066264696" is not associated with Google+ Page!

    Halp?

    Thanks much in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jason Desjardins your personal Google+ account with id 100159944728066264696 is already registered. If you want to register your Google+ Page, you should use different ID.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't find anything on their site that says what it will cost after the Free Trial or how long the trial lasts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Currently am checking it out. Wondering how to repost to Facebook Pages. Is that possible, or is just your Named Facebook Account?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also need to be able to post Google+ pages to FB pages.  Is there a forums where you have all of this answered?

    ReplyDelete
  11. worked once, then no more.  not sure if the G+ scanning process is broken or overwhelmed, but hopefully it will start working again soon

    ReplyDelete
  12. Doug Jacobs II not yet, but I think registering Google+ Pages is quite straightforward. All you have to do is go to http://www.friendsplus.me/pages and follow the instructions. Connecting registered Google+ Page with Facebook Page is almost the same thing as connection Facebook to you personal Google+ account.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hi Everyone

Warning: Sharing That Image Could Get You Banned or Blacklisted